Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thesis 2012: Dumperogie

“I Don’t Speak Chinese” is a personal account of life as a banana surrounded by lemons.
Acrylic gouache on 5x4 wood panel

The metaphysical transformation that takes place when 'the dumpling' enters my soul and what I get out of it as a result. Using the similarities of dumplings and perogies to western and eastern culture, respectively, I illustrate the way I've lived interpreting both points of views. Often times having while doing so my opinion is shaped and influenced by a more western way of living- a less traditional and more modern path of rationalization. 

some preliminary sketches

2 comments:

  1. How many pieces does your thesis include? Are you already finished or showing the progress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jardley! My thesis is still growing! got a few more to produce. The ones i'm showing on this blog are finished : )

    ReplyDelete