Sunday, February 6, 2011

TEFLON DON!


I still don't get why he's called the Teflon Don~ apparently nothing sticks to him? what if we dipped him in honey- would anything stick to him then? Sticky Don?

Anyways, here is a portrait assignment done in Illustrator and photoshop!! During this project I've learned that Rick Ross was an Ex-Cop! hahahahha I can see him eating a donut.

I finished this a few days ago, but I'm still stuck on the colours : ( textures are a beautiful thing! it's a gift and a curse because now I've got too many variations heh



Whatchu think homie? top or bottommmm?

Also, special love goes out to Myra Phan for giving me a shout on her art and design blog, The Lemon Pencil! check it out : )


5 comments:

  1. ahhh same reference pic AND u got the tattoo i left out XD awesome stuff but id have to say top... never fuck up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol which tattoo was itt?! lol i kinda bs-ed them.. they were so faintt! and i know that reference picture is too good- but for me it's pretty simular : ( i think joel will be evil about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Awesome it looks so high end, like something in the editorial column of Rolling Stone or something like that. I like the top one better, the reds really bring out the subtleties that might be missed with the more muted palette in the lower pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thanks summer wind! : ) *blush
    i think i might go with the red! seems a little more gangster too, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red one too~ but u can see the tats more clearly in the second one :o

    ReplyDelete